ASCF Events and News
If you are unable to attend and want to make a donation please click here
Additional Sponsor options:
BEADS OF COURAGE
ASCF is proud to partner with the Beads of Courage. Beads of Courage helps children coping with cancer record, tell and own their
stories of courage. With your help, ASCF hopes to provide this inspirational program in as many area hospitals as possible.
You can sponsor a BEAD for just $5 each
ASCF SMILE BAGS
Help children fight the fight with FUN! Each “SMILE BAG” contains various gender neutral items to help put “A SMILE ON A CHILD’S FACE”. ASCF is proud to have donated over 3,000 Smile Bags. With your support, we look forward to donating many more!
You can sponsor a SMILE BAG for just $20 each
For any questions about the event or how you can help. Please email Tammy at email@example.com
Previous Events and News
2022: A Year of Smiles with ASCF
2021: A Year of Smiles with ASCF
- 2022 - June
- ASCF is so very thankful to have friends like Katie to help spread smiles to children fighting cancer. With the help of generous family & friends, Katie was able to put together and donate 50 (FIFTY) Smile Bags! Those bags were dropped off at UMass Memorial Medical Center and also to Dana-Farber Chlldren’s Hospital. SO many smiles to SO many children! Thank you Katie!
- 2022 - April
Smile Bags & BandAid Collection
- This is what 309 Band-Aid boxes and 17 Welly boxes look like! For a grand total of…7,076 bandages for the children to choose from! Such a fun assortment of characters and designs. These bandages will definitely help bring smiles to so many children at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Patterson, NJ. Thank you so much to everyone that helped make this fun donation possible. We also dropped off 20 ASCF Smile Bags filled with lots & lots of goodies. Special thanks to Raegan for helping coordinate this fun donation!
- 2022 - April
- An exciting donation drop off with the TOP 3 “Wish List Items” requested by Emma, one of our favorite Child Life Specialists at RWJ in New Brunswick, NJ. Two Nintendo Switches, a PS4 Console, and three iPad Minis with Cases will help bring much needed distractions to the children during their days and nights at the hospital.
- 2022 - March
- The “Comfy Cozy Cuddly Collection” was a great success! With the help from generous friends, we dropped off 278 Comfy Socks, 47 Cozy Blankets, and 30 Cuddly “Cuddle Bear” Bundles to St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Patterson, NJ. Children are often rushed to the hospital and unfortunately need to be admitted without their comfortable pajamas & blankets. We hope these donations brought comfort and smiles to many children.
- 2022 - February
- Thank you so much to Zach for choosing to help ASCF for his Confirmation Service Hours. Zach helped collect comfy socks, cozy blankets, and assorted character BandAids for ASCF’s initiatives. Great job Zach! You definitely helped make a difference and brought smiles to lots of faces!
2020: A Year of Smiles with ASCF
- 2021 - October
- A fun donation of Play-Doh was requested by Child Life at RWJ for the children. Play-Doh is always a favorite among children. ASCF loves Play-Doh too! We were happy to restock their supply. Unfortunately, Covid protocols were still in place which continues to have patients and their caregivers isolated in their rooms. ASCF wishes we could have done more but hope children and their caregivers were able to enjoy playing with the Play-Doh together.
- 2021 - September
- Congratulations to Grace and Riley for completing their Silver Award Project for Girl Scouts. ASCF is very thankful to have been chosen to be the recipient of your 50+ volunteer hours. Countless smiles were brought to the children with your donations of Smile Bags and Smile Boxes at St.Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Patterson, NJ. Thank you! Congratulations on your dedication and commitment to making a difference!
- 2021 - February
- Snowy Smiles Challenge - Covid Protocols unfortunately made making donations to our partnering hospitals nearly impossible. ASCF thought this was at least a fun way to bring awareness to how we help make a difference in the lives of children fighting cancer and to remind our donors that ASCF represents putting “A Smile on a Child’s Face” in memory of Mandy. Lots of smiles and laughter during ASCF’s Snowy Smiles Challenge! Be sure to visit our Instagram Page to see some of our favorite photos & videos from the challenge.
2019: Another Year of Smiles with ASCF!
- 2020 - December
- Each year on December 23rd, we honor Mandy’s Angelversary. ASCF fulfilled the Holiday Wish List at RWJ and also donated another $5,000 towards “The Smile Fund” which is used towards celebrations at the hospital for patients and their families. We needed to drop off the donations in the parking lot due to Covid restrictions, but we were thrilled to be able to help make the holidays a bit brighter for children staying at the hospital.
- 2020 - March
- Thanks to crafty, talented, and generous friends of ASCF, these much-needed face masks were mailed to Kelly for distribution at The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, NJ.
- 2020 - February
- Nearly 200 snuggly and cuddly pajamas, robes, slippers, socks, and blankets were brought to St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Patterson, NJ. We are so thankful to Beth for taking on this collection for ASCF. Children are often admitted unexpectedly. These donations help bring much needed comfort to the children during their hospital stay. Thank you Beth!
- 2020 - January
- ASCF’s Smile Squad Ambassador, Joceyln continues to keep ASCF close at heart. With the help of Jocelyn’s family & friends, she was able to collect 50+ boxes of Valentines for the children to give to their classmates and to other patients during their stay at the hospital. A heartfelt thank you to you Joceyln.
- 2020 - January
- Special thanks go out to Libby and Evan for dropping off Arts & Crafts supplies and boxes of Valentine’s Day Cards. A heartfelt thank you for choosing ASCF for your service hours.
- 2020 - January
- Happy Birthday Jules! It takes a special kid to ask for donations of pajamas to donate to ASCF instead of gifts. Lots of cute & comfy pajama sets were gifted to help Dr. Beth’s collection for St. Joseph’s in Patterson, NJ. Thanks to Jules and her friends, many smiles and snuggles were given to children. Such a special way to help make a difference. Thank you Jules and Happy Birthday!
- 2020 - January
- Stay Calm & Fight Strong Bags are wellness kits for the AYA (adolescent young adult) population at RWJ in New Brunswick, NJ. This new initiative took some time to consider, create and then implement. After careful planning, with the help of former AYA patients, the items to be included were purchased and the bags themselves were designed and ordered. Each wellness item is geared to tackle one of the five senses in different ways to help promote a sense of calm while combating symptoms of stress and anxiety. The five senses play a vital role in stress reduction, as each are impacted by treatment. The creation of the Stay Calm & Fight Strong Wellness Kits Bags have been very much needed and appreciated.
2018: A Year of Smiles with ASCF
- 2019 - December
- A special thank you to Sarah and Michelle for donating Beautycounter Pampering Pouches to the caregivers of patients at The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at RWJ in New Brunswick, NJ. Thanks to many family and friends for sponsoring over 120 pouches to donate. A beautiful gift of safe high quality beauty products.
- 2019 - November
- ASCF is beyond grateful to have had the opportunity and ability to fund the renovation of the Procedure Room on the Oncology/Hematology Floor at The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ. Thank you to the staff for arranging a special ribbon cutting ceremony and a lovely reception to commemorate this milestone for both ASCF and the hospital.
- 2019 - October
- Smile Bag Delivery to RWJ. ASCF loves bringing Smile Bags to The Child Life Team to help alleviate stress and boredom to the patients at the hospital.
- 2019 - October
- A very special donation of “Cuddle Bear” and Book Bundles were brought to Goryeb Children’s Hospital. It’s our hope that this donation brought lots of love, cuddles, and snuggles to the children and their families. Thank you, Melanie Dufford! Sometimes the gifts we donate mean more than words can express.
- 2019 - September
- Lots and lots of Smile Bags were delivered to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in honor Julia! Glad we could help make your birthday a little brighter today! Happy Birthday!
- 2019 - June
- A loud shout out THANK YOU to Olivia, Jackson, and Ryan! They shopped, they stuffed, and then they dropped off over 50 ASCF Smile Bags to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) in Manhattan. AMAZING! Thank you!
- 2019 - June
- A special day. Eric & Margee Styles (Mandy’s parents) were able to participate in creating and dropping off more than 50 ASCF Smile Bags to RWJ. Since Eric & Margee live in Florida, it was great for them to see first hand, one of the many ways ASCF continues to help put “A Smile on a Child’s Face” in memory and to honor Mandy.
- 2019 - June
- ASCF hosts a beautiful Mother & Daughter Chari-Tea at Stanton Ridge Country Club. Fun was had by all while raising money and awareness about ASCF and how we help make a difference in the lives of children fighting cancer. A big thank you to Lindsey Michele Photography for capturing some of the special moments of the day.
- 2019 - April
- Thank you Jacob for choosing to partner with ASCF for you Bar Mitzvah project! Jacob wanted to make a big impact and help make lots of kids smile during their hospital stay. Jacob was able to collect over 500 lovingly watched DVD’s for the children at The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital. That’s LOTS & LOTS of smiles for many children! Thank you so much Jacob!
- 2019 - April
- ASCF Smile Bag delivery to St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Patterson, NJ. Over 200 Smile Bags were dropped off as a result of the combined efforts of our K-8th grade schools here in Flemington, NJ.
- 2019 - April
- ASCF had an exciting day meeting ASCF’s bringing The Beads of Courage Program to our 3rd partnering hospital in NJ. It was a pleasure meeting the Child Life Specialists at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Patterson, NJ. We are thrilled to also provide this unique program for the siblings of patients as well! We celebrated the launch by hosting a bead stringing activity afternoon with patients, nurses and the child life team. Such a special afternoon!
- 2019 - April
- A big thank you to Paige for choosing ASCF as the recipient of her commitment and dedication towards earring her Gold Award for Girl Scouts. Paige created fabric face masks in Toddler, Child, and Adult sizes. RWJ Hospital gladly accepted these donations for their patients. Thank you, Paige and Congratulations!
- 2019 - March
- Thanks so much to East Coast Sports Marketing for choosing ASCF to be the charity recipient at your Philadelphia Sports Card & Memorabilia Show. We are so thankful!
- 2019 - March
- ASCF thanks the Worldwide Professional Education Team of J&J Medical Devices. We are grateful you chose ASCF to give back to your community during your team meeting. Your efforts helped bring many smiles to children right here in NJ. It was an amazing day of team bonding and giving back!
2017: A Year in Review.
- 2018 - December
- A car full of Nintendo Switches, Carrying Cases, Games, and PlayStation Charging Stations to be donated to RWJ. ASCF is honored and proud to be able to fulfill “Wish List” items so that the Pediatric Oncology/Hematology Floor can be even just a bit more fun for the children while they have to stay there.
- 2018 - December
- The simplest of donations can sometimes make the biggest impact! Kelly, a Child Life Specialist at The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, NJ asked if ASCF would be able to fund a few snacks. We had a lot of fun shopping for this yummy request! Snacks, snacks, and more snacks!
- 2018 - December
- ASCF thanks the JRD Cheer and Football Teams for all of their generous donations of toys, games and crafts! We love seeing kids doing good in their community! And we especially love when kids help other kids! Hundreds of donated items were brought to help bring smiles to the children at Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, NJ.
- 2018 - October
- They shopped. They prepared. They delivered. They brought ASCF Boxes of Smiles to many children at The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital. Thank you so much Jacob, Michelle, and Sean for choosing to help make a difference with ASCF. Each box helps put “A Smile on a Child’s Face’ thanks to your efforts.
- 2018 - August
- Sunny Summer Days = Lemonade Stands and SMILES! Thank you to special neighbors and friends for choosing to donate your proceeds to ASCF. They had not one but TWO different days of setting up and selling lemonade and cookies! LOTS OF SMILES & FUN! Thank You!
- 2018 - June
- ASCF celebrated what would have been Mandy’s 40th Birthday by gifting 40 Smile Bags, 40 Gift Cards for teens, 40 assorted infant items for the tiniest of warriors, 40 Act of Courage Beads, and 40 Handmade Beads of Courage Bags (made with love from Ocala, FL) to RWJ. We know these gifts brought countless smiles to many many children in Mandy’s honor. Exactly what she would have wanted. Happy Heavenly Birthday to our Mandy.
- 2018 - June
- Madison and friends in Illinois decided to celebrate their last day of school by raising funds for ASCF by creating a candy stand! So fun! Such a wonderful way to start your summer! Thank you!
- 2018 - May
- An exciting day for ASCF! We rolled out with a brand-new initiative to take place at RWJ called the “Caring Cards Cart”. This cart will be stocked with All Occasion cards/envelopes & stamps. The cart will be available in the Resource Room and brought upstairs to individual rooms where sometimes patients/caregivers aren’t able to leave. Child Life Specialists have expressed their appreciation for yet another much needed distraction for patients and families.
- 2018 - May
- Congratulations to a fun group of Girl Scouts from Massachusetts for putting together 65 ASCf Smile Bags! Thank you so much for choosing ASCF as your service project. We love when kids help kids, and these bags will bring so many smiles to so many children! Thank you!
- 2018 - April
- Thank you to Jocelyn for collecting 100+ lovingly watched DVD’s to help bring smiles to children and their caregivers while in the hospital. A stay at the hospital can get real boring and having an assortment of DVD’s to choose from helps bring a much needed distraction to the patients and their caregivers. Thank you.
- 2018 - April
- It was the perfect Spring Day to host a lemonade stand with friends. Thank you to Raegan and cheer team friends for thinking of ASCF on a beautiful day. Thanks to generous neighbors and friends, the girls were able to raise $152 to purchase an assortment of fun items to be used in ASCF Smile Bags.
- 2018 - April
- Thank you to a group of Girl Scouts in Georgia for putting together Smile Bags and delivering them to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Kids helping kids to make a difference is something to be very proud of. Great job!
- 2018 - March
- On March 2nd, ASCF celebrated its 10th Anniversary by hosting a Smile Event at The Ryland Inn located in Whitehouse Station, NJ. While the weather didn’t quite cooperate, we were thankful to still have our event with many guests (missing a few) attend and thankful all were able to get home safely. Event planning at its best is still no match for Mother Nature and a Nor Easter. Thankfully, the evening was still a huge success and fun was had by all while making a difference and raising funds for children fighting cancer.
- 2018 - February
- Mandy's nieces in MN were able to put together and drop off 50 ASCF Smile Bags to Children’s Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota. Funds raised from a Lemonade Stand and running a 5K were able to purchase over $1000 worth of items to make exciting and fun Smile Bags. GREAT JOB Brianna, Aliyah, and Cailyn! Aunt Mandy is definitely smiling down at you knowing you brought so many smiles to children fighting cancer. So proud and thankful!
- 2018 - January
- A shout out thank you and a huge congratulations to Michael in Long Island. Michael chose to dedicate his time and efforts to ASCF for his Eagle Scout Project and put together ASCF Smile Bags for Cohens Children’s Medical Center. Job well done Michael! Thank you!
2016: A Year of Smiles with ASCF!
- December —
- ASCF commemorated the 10th Anniversary of Mandy’s passing by donating $50,000 to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Funds will be allocated to cutting-edge research initiatives. December 23rd was the 10th Anniversary of losing Mandy. She will forever be in our hearts and her smile will live on though all she has touched and continues to touch through ASCF. We thank our donors for making not only this donation possible but for helping make everything that ASCF is able to do possible.
Thank you for helping ASCF help put “A Smile on a Child’s Face”.
- December —
- A special thank you to Michael in Long Island for choosing to help ASCF for his Eagle Scout Project. Michael raised funds to create 30 Smile Bags for Teens at Cohen’s Children’s Hospital. ASCF is honored to have been chosen for this project, which requires much time and dedication. Thank you Michael!
- December —
- ASCF was thrilled to once again help fund families from The Morgan Center to attend NYC’s Christmas Spectacular. This is such a special gift of memories to last a lifetime for all able to attend.
- December —
- ASCF funded food and beverages for the Holiday Party at The Bristol Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital. Games, Crafts, Music, and Food all helped bring smiles to the children, their families and to the staff this holiday season.
- December —
- The Jr Red Devils Cheer Association collected and donated over 100 brand new crafts and toys for the children at Goryeb Children’s Hospital. ASCF is so appreciative of these Cheerleaders spreading holiday cheer to children for the holiday season. Great job girls! GO JRD!
- December —
- At the request of The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital, ASCF once again, provided 50 Medical Play Cat Kits to help the children role play their treatment procedures with medical staff, family & friends.
- November —
- SAGE & Attachments in Flemington hosted a shopping event for ASCF. A % of proceeds from the day/evening was donated to ASCF. It was a great excuse to make some extra purchases.
- November —
- 5K in Oyster Bay! The Oyster Bay Turkey Trot selected ASCF as one of their 3 charitable recipients. Special thanks to all who braved the chilly start to their Thanksgiving Day.
- November —
- – A school wide event for ASCF took place at RFIS (Flemington, NJ) as they celebrated Unity Day. 5th/6th graders participated in a Smile Drive and collected fun gender-neutral items to create Smile Bags. Students collected and organized over 6,000 items which created 357 Smile Bags. The students also wrote letters of encouragement to children battling cancer in hopes it would also help put a smile on their face. Students brought Smile Bags outside to a line of cars including a police escort. Bags were immediately donated to The Hunterdon Medical Center and also to The Bristol Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital. A sincere thank you to Raegan’s principal for her dedication and enthusiasm towards this initiative. Not only did the Smile Bags help bring smiles to the children at the hospitals but there were hundreds of smiles among the children and their teachers while taking part in such a special experience. Thank you all so much!
- October —
- ASCF dropped off items from RWJ’s Wish List which include 5 additional DVD organizer/cases as well as numerous specific requested DVD titles. ASCF also brought an additional 100+ movies to the hospital as a result of generous friends donating their lovingly watched DVD’s.
- October —
- ASCF provided all food & beverages for a Halloween Party at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at RWJ.
- September —
- Johnson & Johnson chose ASCF to be the recipient of their “Day of Community Service”. Over 100 Global Leaders attended and created 625 “Boxes of Smiles” which were donated to The Valerie Fund. These boxes have/will be distributed among the 7 Valerie Centers right here in NJ over the next few months. This was a fun-filled afternoon! ASCF is truly honored to have had this opportunity which will help put smiles on so many children. Thank you for a wonderful day. It was such a pleasure to meet you all. Thank you also to ASCF Committee Members for all of their help making this day such a success.
- September —
- Jacob, Olivia & Rylee held a pop-up Lemonade Stand for ASCF (they will be purchasing fun items for Smile Bags with $ raised) Olivia has a special collection of new hats to donate as well. Way to go! ASCF is so thankful for your continued support! Thank you!
- August —
- CCFK (Cancer Center for Kids) hosted a very special gathering to celebrate the launch of their music video which ASCF funded as a result of a $20,000 donation made in 2015. It was an honor to be able to underwrite this unique experience! Remaining funds have/will be used to purchase new music instruments and technology as well as to sound proof the Music Therapy Room. Many have smiled, and many more will continue to do so as a result of this donation. ASCF is grateful for this special opportunity to help create smiles through music.
- August —
- Team YOLO along with their children assembled over 30 Smile Bags in Oyster Bay, NY and donated them to CCFK (Cancer Center for Kids) located in Mineola, NY. They assembled Smile Bags down by the bay which was one of Mandy’s favorite places. Thank you so much Team Yolo!
- August —
- ASCF provided funds to cover all food & beverage expenses for a Troll themed Summer Celebration at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at RWJ.
- July —
- Emily (Flemington, NJ) created a charity jar in her home. Family members and guests are encouraged to donate when possible. She even framed the description of ASCF to display next to the jar. To date, Emily has over $100 in her jar and is continuing to collect! Way to go Emily! ASCF thanks you for your continued support!
- July —
- Bridget and friends in Old Greenwich, CT hosted two Lemonade/Bake Stands to raise funds which they used to purchase items for Smile Bags. 20 Smile Bags were donated to the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center in NY. The girls had so much fun…they can’t wait to do it again! ASCF is very proud of them! Thank you Bridget and friends!
- June —
- ASCF donates $10,000 to The Morgan Center as a continued partnership with Team YOLO. 40 Smile Bags were brought to the graduation ceremony for the students and their siblings to celebrate Pre-School Graduation. It was a VERY special day! That evening, Team Yolo held an event to thank ASCF for its support in Oyster Bay at The Italian American Club. A 50/50 was held and Beautycounter was invited to introduce guests to safer products while donating a % of purchases to ASCF. A very special thank you to Jackie and Dani for their continued support.
- June —
- ASCF’s Smile Squad reaches Minnesota. Mandy’s nieces hosted a Lemonade Stand and also ran a 5K. Funds raised are being saved to create Smile Bags which will be donated to a nearby Children’s Hospital. Great job girls!
- June —
- Team 5B at RFIS (Flemington, NJ) held a Smile Drive and put together 60+ Smile Bags. Bags and Treasure Chest Items were donated to The Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at RWJ. Raegan created a slideshow and presented her ideas to her teacher as well as other teachers on Team B and administration. Raegan and friends checked in with each of the 6 classes every several days to remind fellow students of where their donations were going and to answer any questions. Donations were tallied as it became a bit of a fun class competition. An assembly brought the 6 classes together as students traveled in groups of 2-3 and assembled Smile Bags. Students helped carry 60+ Smile Bags to the car! That weekend, Raegan and 2 friends along with her teacher met at the hospital to drop off the donations which were met with big smiles! ASCF continues to be unbelievably proud of Raegan for all of the time and passion she puts forth to help make a difference among the lives of children fighting cancer. Thank you Raegan!
- May —
- Copper Hill Elem School (Flemington, NJ) held a Smile Drive and put together 20 Smile Bags which were donated to The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown. Kiera was the ambassador to this project. She put together a slideshow and presented it to her school principal and guidance counselor and then again at a school assembly to kick off the drive. Kiera explained her passion for ASCF and why she felt it was important to help put a smile on a child’s face. Kiera and friends assembled the bags after school one day and packed the car with their incredible donations. ASCF is so proud of you Kiera! Thank you so much for your continued support!
- May —
- $500 Assorted Gift Cards were gifted to tweens & teenagers. Various high-quality art supplies such as an assortment of canvases, acrylic paints and paintbrushes were also donated. These supplies were specifically requested for tweens & teenagers at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at RWJ. In addition, ASCF dropped off both new (requested titles) & over 100 lovingly watched movies donated from many local friends.
- April – Atlanta, GA —
- Boy Scout Troop and friends of Nicholas, solicited local businesses, family & friends for donations for 60 Smile Bags to CHOA (Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta). These kids had a GREAT time and had their very own well-deserved celebration afterwards. Great job Nicholas! So proud of you!
- April —
- 50 ASCF Smile Bags were donated to CHOP in honor of Brooke Mulford. Tammy was especially grateful to spend time with both Brooke and her mom Amy in Brooke’s hospital room.
- April – Flemington, NJ —
- Spring arrived! Raegan and friends had the first lemonade stand of the season for ASCF. Funds raised were saved and later used to purchase Smile Bags items with Emily. Emily also brought her proceeds from her previous Lemonade Stands as well.
- March —
– ASCF Smile Event! Biggest & BEST yet! It was a memorable evening at a beautiful venue with delicious food, fantastic live music from The Neighbors, exciting Raffle/Silent/Live Auctions and over 200 guests in attendance. Our 2 partnering hospitals, were very appreciative for the 80 sponsored Smile Bags to bring back with them that evening. The Smile Bags were immediately given out to the children the very next day. Funds raised from the Smile Event will help ASCF help put A Smile on a Child’s Face throughout the remainder of the year. Please continue to check our Facebook & Instagram for updates on how ASCF is spreading smiles.
- February —
- ASCF funded a Super Bowl Party for patients, families & staff on the Oncology/Hematology Floor at The Bristol Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital of RWJ.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) —
- $25,000 funding one of their top research initiatives – DIPG Research
- ASCF officially surpassed donating over $150,000 to MSKCC the past 9 years with the donation above
- The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital -Morristown, NJ —
– Continued funding of Beads of Courage Program
– Numerous donations throughout the year of various items such as games/arts & crafts/ treasure chest items/bead bags/books/video games/etc
- Pizza & Cupcake Party by ASCF - It was a very special day meeting families
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital -New Brunswick, NJ —
– Continued funding of Beads of Courage Program
– Decorated the Pediatric Oncology Floor with Spring decorations
- Pizza Party with the patients, parents & staff
- Decorated for the Winter Holidays
- Numerous donations throughout the year of various items such as games/arts & crafts/toys/books/video games/movies/bead bags/etc.
- The Morgan Center -Hicksville, New York —
- Fieldtrip for families in December to Radio City Music Hall to see the Christmas Spectacular
- Winter Holiday Party & gifts for the children and their families
- Kids Helping Kids-Shout out thank you to the many children who helped ASCF in 2016 —
Lemonade stands, baking sales, caroling at family holiday gatherings, chores, donating DVD’s and video games, arts & crafts, games, books, birthday/holiday gifts and lots more!
ASCF is SO VERY proud of ALL the kids who helped ASCF put “A Smile on a Child’s Face”! ☺
- November 20, 2015— 5th ASCF Girl's Night Out
Thank you to everyone who helped ASCF's 5th Annual GNO be our
biggest and best yet with 200+ AN AMAZING NIGHT!!! Thank you!
- September 15, 2015—
ASCF hosted a PIZZA PARTY for the patients, parents and staff at RWJ
- June 11, 2015—
Tammy was honored to have a site visit of Robert Wood Johnson hospital, specifically to see firsthand how ASCF's funding is put to work. It was an incredible experience to meet staff and families. Thank you!
- April 2015—
Thanks to many generous children, ASCF was able to help bring smiles to many children at The Valerie Center, in Goryeb Children's Hospital, Morristown, NJ. Crafts, games, and books were among the many items donated. ASCF plans to offer this opportunity to visit again in Spring 2016.
- April 2015—
ASCF thanks Peter for his continued support. Love seeing your lemonade stand all the way in Texas. Great Job
- March 6, 2015— ASCF Smile Event
ASCF Smile Event at Stangl Factory ~ Flemington, NJ. Catered by Bluefish Grill. After 5 years of hosting our Galas in Long Island, Tammy brought the event to NJ. Thank you!
- November 20, 2014— 4th Girl's Night Out
ASCF hosted its 4th Girl's Night Out at Grape Finale in Flemington, NJ. It was a great evening tasting wines and enjoying our own wine corking experience at Grape Finale. Thank you to Cinderellie Sweets, The Pirate Cupcake, Cocoa Loew Co, The Fudge Shoppe, and Maddalena's Cheesecakes for all your delicious samples of desserts. They were the perfect pairing with wine! Thank you to everyone who helped make it such a success, to our donors, to our guests...we Thank you!
- April 19, 2014—
Spencer celebrated his birthday by asking for bunny (stuffed animal bunny) donations, instead of gifts to be donated to Children's Hospital of Atlanta. ASCF heard about Spencer's act of kindness from Tammy's friend Danielle and couldn't let it go unnoticed. ASCF donated over $1,000 worth of bunnies from Build A Bear, for a grand total of 80 bunnies. That's LOTS of bunnies... in addition to ALL the bunnies in this photo donated by Spencer's friends and family. ASCF is very proud of you Spencer! Happy Birthday!
- April 11, 2014— OBHS Bake Sale for ASCF
Special thanks to Mrs Woodman and her students for hosting another yummy and successful Bake Sale for ASCF. The cakes were quite impressive! We really look forward to seeing the creativity. And we love that you are keeping Mandy's memory alive Thank you!
- December 1, 2012— Five Below Shopping Spree Event
Thank you to Five Below in Flemington, NJ for extending our 2 day shopping spree to an entire week! It was fun to begin holiday shopping knowing that 10% of sales was being donated to ASCF. Thank You.
- August 24, 2012—
Danielle hosted a fun "Girls Night In" at her home in Georgia. Cheers to the girls! Thank you so much for your 2nd event for ASCF. Means so much to have your support miles away. Funds raised from your event have been donated to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in your honor. Thank you!
- November 29, 2012— 2nd Annual Girl’s Night Out
Our 2nd Annual Girl’s Night Out was held at the Stanton Ridge Country Club on Thursday, November 29, 2012. It was a wonderful evening and a huge success with over 100 in attendance! A special thank you to Mary Lou Quinlan, author of The God Box for her generosity in donating a portion of proceeds from book purchases as well as for her time. Her perforamance was truly inspiring and touched all in attendance. Thank you so much Mary Lou!
Thank you to all who attended, to all of our Sponsors, and to all who donated to our exciting Raffle and Silent Auction Items! As a result of all the generosity, donations have been made to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), Friends of Karen (NJ Chapter), as well as The Valerie Center at Goryeb Children’s Hospital at Morristown Medical Center here in NJ.
We are thrilled to provide a grant to have "Beads of Courage" established at The Valerie Center. "Beads of Courage" helps children tell their own story through the beads they personally receive. Each bead represents a specific treatment, procedure, holiday, etc. The children collect these beads on a single strand which depending on the duration of treatment might very well wrap around a hospital room. Each bead tells a story of strength, honor, and hope as the beads are meaningful symbols of courage that commemorate milestones they have achieved along their unique treatment plan. We anticipate Beads of Courage to begin making its heartfelt impact on the children by the end of March 2013.
ASCF is proud to share that we have purchased new items requested on the "wish list" for the children at MSKCC such as; Video Controllers, DVD’s, Portable DVD Players, and Art Supplies. We also purchased many Viewsonics which cost several hundred dollars each. These are used when the children need to be in a scan and must remain still, during which they can now view a movie.
We are also enthusiastic to provide funds to help support families here in New Jersey with children battling cancer. Friends of Karen makes this possible by providing a range of emotional, financial and advocacy support, for families living in the Tri-State region who are coping with the catastrophic impact of their child’s life-threatening illness.
It’s an honor to be able to help out others in financial need, knowing that 100% of our donation to Friends of Karen is given directly to those who need it!
Thank you SO MUCH to ALL who helped ASCF help make a difference in the lives of children battling cancer!
- June 2012—
Mandy's school in Brooklyn, PS 32, chose ASCF to be the recipient of their Penny Harvest Fundraiser for the 4th year! Miss Mandy truly loved you all so much! Thank you once again for keeping Miss Mandy's spirit alive and helping ASCF make a difference in the lives of children!
- May 2012—
Ms Woodland's Class in OBHS had a bake sale for ASCF. Thank you students and staff!
- March 23, 2012— 2012 ASCF Gala
Held at the Woodlands in Woodbury, NY.
We would like to thank everyone that helped us put this event together and to all the people who made it one of the biggest and best events in ASCF history!
We are thrilled to announce donations of $25,000 to both MSKCC and CCFK have been made. The donation given to MSKCC will help further cutting-edge research cunducted by Dr. Richard O'Reily. CCFK will use their donation towards the very popular Music Therapy Program as well as to the Family Support Program which has been created as a result of ASCF! THANK YOU for helping make this possible!!!!
- November 3, 2011 — "GIRLS NIGHT OUT"
Thank you to everyone who helped make our Very 1st Girl's Night Out in NJ such a successful and fun evening! It was a night filled with fun, friends, and shopping! Congratulations to all the lucky winners of Raffle and Silent Auction Items. Thank you to all of our generous Sponsors and to those who donated items towards the Auctions.
A special thank you to Jasia, Emily, Heather, Patty, and Wendy! Despite many power outages in the area, we pulled it off and raised over $5,000!!! Thank you to everyone who made the extra effort, to help ASCF make a difference!
- October 29, 2011 — MONSTER DASH"
Tiffaney Styles ran the "MONSTER DASH" half marathon to support ASCF" Congratulations to Tiffaney for conquering her fear of distance running, and raising money for ASCF in the thrilling Monster Dash-Half Marathon
- September 28, 2011 — Jeans for ASCF
"Hope everyone had fun wearing your Jeans to work! Thank you to all participants!
- August 17, 2011 — 4th Annual "Toast to ASCF"
The 4th Annual Toast to Mandy at Slattery’s Midtown Pub was so much fun and such a success! It was great to see so many new faces attend this event. Friends new and old really enjoyed the evening! A special thank you to all of Mandy’s coworkers from P.S. 32 as well as college friends from Towson who were able to attend! It was wonderful to see you! We are excited to be able to donate $5,000 to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. This gift will be used to help fund various programs and parties held on the pediatric floor which only receive funding from fundraisers like ours! This gift will help put A Smile on a Child’s Face. Thank you!
- June, 2011 — "Penny Harvest"
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to the students at P.S. 32 in Brooklyn, NY. For the third year in a row, they continue to keep Miss Mandy’s spirit alive by choosing ASCF as a recipient of their fundraising efforts with Penny Harvest! With lots of love, we thank you!
- March 26, 2011 — 2011 ASCF GALA
Our 2011 Gala held at The Metropolitan in Glen Cove, NY was truly a wonderful evening! We had amazing Raffle & Silent Auction Items, the best we have ever had! A special thank you to JoVon Photography for volunteering your services for the third year! Thank you also to all of our Sponsors and to everyone who helped make the event so successful. As a result of your generosity, we are thrilled to announce that two donations of $20,000 each have been given to Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and to Winthrop’s University Hospital Cancer Center for Kids. We are enthusiastic to provide funds to support the Music Therapy Program and the Family Support Program at the Cancer Center for Kids. We are also extremely proud to provide funding towards Dr. Richard O’Reilly’s clinical trials of Immune Cell Therapy to help find a cure in Childhood Cancers as well as all types of Cancer.
- March 7-11, 2011 — "Jeans for ASCF"
School Districts and Companies were invited to join us! They chose a day within the week of March 7th-11th and donate $5 to wear jeans at your work place! The event was a huge success. Thanks to all that participated.
- May 22, 2010 — 3rd Annual Toast to Mandy
The 3rd Annual Toast to Mandy at Slattery’s Midtown Pub was another terrific night celebrating Mandy’s life and making
a difference in the lives of children with cancer. Erica and Kourtney presented ASCF with its second grant from P.S. 32‘s Penny Harvest Fundraiser in the amount of $300.00. ASCF is once again honored to have been chosen by the students as a recipient of this grant for the second year in a row! Miss Mandy would be so very proud! Over $6,000 was raised!
- March 28, 2010 — 1st Annual Mother and Daughter Tea
A “Chari-Tea” was held at Hopkinton Country Club in Hopkinton, MA. It was a lovely Sunday afternoon shared with Mothers and their Daughters. Over $5,000 was raised!
- January 14, 2010 — 4th and “Final” Girls Night Out at Tammy’s
Over 100 gals gathered for a Great Time and a Great Cause! This was the last GNO at Tammy’s before moving to NJ from MA. No time for tears because everyone was having way too much fun raising money with hopes to make a difference in the lives of children battling cancer. Thank you to Marathon Restaurant for the delicious food, to all the donors who donated items to the Raffle/Silent auctions and a VERY special thank you to Julio’s, HopSwim, and especially to Clarke Kitchen for making the LIVE auction extremely successful and to Scott for making it tons of FUN! Over $10,000 was raised!!!
- January 14, 2010 — Donation
A gift of $10,000 was given to Kim and Bill Cooper to support Dana Farber’s cutting edge cancer research. Good Luck to both of you! We wish you Faith, Hope, and Courage as you complete the Boston Marathon!
- December 23, 2009-
A gift of $20,000 was given to the Cancer Center for Kids in Mineola, NY to help support vital programs such as the Music Therapy Program the Family Support Program.
- November 23rd, 2009 — Tis the Season!
Thank you to The Toy Box in Hanover, MA for donating 20% of their proceeds from a night of shopping!
- September 25, 2009 — 2nd Annual Fundraising Event
Friends and family gathered at The Metropolitan in Glen Cove, NY for another magical night. A special thank you to our inspirational guest speakers; including representatives from the Cancer Center for Kids as well as, Ann Marie Decker, and Ricky Styles. As a result of another successful night, the ASCF was able to donate $20,000 to the Cancer Center for Kids in Mineola, NY.
- August 20, 2009 —
ASCF donated $15,000 to Children's Hospital in Boston in honor of Francesca Bianchi. This donation was made to help support Dr. Armstrong's cutting edge research initiatives. Dr. Armstrong leads the search for drugs that will specifically destroy cancer initiating cells, and, with them, the tumor's powers of self-renewal. He was the first in the world to identify genetic markers for these cells and is now seeking chemicals that will zero in on and kill them.
- June 12th and 13th, 2009 — Jenny Boston Boutique
Shopping extravaganza with a portion of proceeds donated to ASCF. Thank you Jen! Approx: $2,500
- May 26, 2009 — Mosaic Dedication at P.S. 32
Ten 4th and 5th grade students at P.S. 32, where Miss Mandy taught, created a beautiful mosaic mural in their Art Club.
The creation of the mosaic began as a piece of work that the students could admire as they walked through the halls of their school. By the end of the process, the students along with Mr. Dave Chimoskey (their art teacher), decided they would like to dedicate the mosaic to Ms. Mandy and Ms. Zurro. “In honor of two people with hearts of gold, they both changed the world for the better.” “The two doves in the mosaic now take on greater significance than ever intended.”
- May 7, 2009 —
A heartfelt donation of $450 was presented to the foundation at the "Toast to Mandy". This donation was presented by Erica and Kourtney on behalf of the students at PS 32. The students chose Miss Mandy’s foundation to be one of 3 recipients from their fundraising efforts. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all these special children. Miss Mandy loved you all so very much!
- May 7, 2009 — 2nd Annual Toast to Mandy
Erica and Kourtney organized another very special and successful evening of friends who gathered to celebrate Mandy’s life. Fun was had by all at Slattery’s Midtown Pub (8 36th Street NY,NY). Congratulations to the winners of the awesome raffle prizes! Approximately: $3,500 was raised!
- April 30, 2009 —
Thank you Stephanie G Jewelers in Hopkinton, MA for choosing ASCF to be awarded $550 from a raffle at your event.
- April 20, 2009 —
Exciting Boston Marathon News!
ASCF sponsored AnnMarie Decker to help in her fundraising efforts for Mass Generals Pediatric Cancer Research.
Kate Whittier ran on behalf of ASCF. Not only did Kate successfully run and finish the Boston Marathon, she raised close to $5,000! A very special thank you to Kate for choosing to support ASCF. Congratulations Kate!
- March 10, 2009 — 3rd "Girls Night Out"
Over 100 friends enjoyed food, drinks, shopping, & awesome raffle prizes at Tammy’s. Thanks to: JennyBoston for donating 30% of her sales from the evening, Simply Dahlicious for donating her specialty Tiered Cupcake Extravaganza, Lisa Zampolin with Trends R Us for donating special “LOVE” bracelets as favors, delicious chips from Food Should Taste So Good, and thanks also to the various local businesses for their donations towards the auctions. A very special thank you to AnnMarie Decker and Patty Bianchi. Thank you for speaking to everyone about your experiences with pediatric cancer. Your words were moving and inspirational. We will continue to keep you, your daughters, and your families in our thoughts and prayers. Approximately $5,000 was raised!
- Feb. 26, 2009 — “Girls Night Out” Fundraising Party
Held at Heather Carroll’s in Hingham, MA. Friends enjoyed a fun night at Heather’s house sampling delicious
tapas donated by Jen Gilman Catering and chances to win over 25 amazing raffle prizes donated from local Boston and Hingham businesses. Guests received a “LOVE” bracelet, donated by Lisa Zampolin of Trends R Us. A special thank you to Heather for hosting such a wonderful and successful event. Approximately $3,000 was raised!
- November 29, 2008 — ChaChaBella & Cocktails
A fabulous night at the Walles home. About 30 friends gathered to purchase The Mandy Ring and Mandy Earrings as well as other sparkly jewelry! It was a wonderful night! Thank you so much to the entire Walles Family! Approximately $900 was raised!
- October 16, 2008 —
A night of fun, fashion, and fundraising! About 25 gals shopped and had fun at Sue O'Connors home, as 30% of the sales were being donated to the foundation. Special thanks to Jenny Boston, Co as well as to Sue for such a fun night! Approximately $460 was raised!
- September 25, 2008 — "2nd Girls Night Out" Fundraising Party
Another great time at Tammy's house! Friends enjoyed a night out chatting and shopping. Vendors included: Tastefully Simple-Kimberly Hughes, AnnaWilliam Bags-Lindsay McDermott, Pheonix Trading-Marsha Birtwhistle A very special guest appearance from Heather Roe Thompson (ChaChaBella Inc.) was a highlight of the night! Raffle winners were once again thrilled with their prizes! Approximately $2300 was raised!
- September 18, 2008 —
Our first donation was made on September 18, 2008 to Winthrop University Hospital Cancer Center for Kids for the amount of $15,000. CCFK is the largest facility of it's kind for treating children with cancer and blood disorders in all of Nassau County. The center combines medical expertise with warmth, supported by outstanding psychosocial services to help children with cancer and blood disorders and their families cope.
- September 13, 2008—
A Garden Party hosted by Sheena and Bob Schlegel. A small gathering of friends enjoyed the Schlegel's garden and conversation. Thank you for a lovely afternoon.
- August 18, 2008 — "Swim-A-Thon"
Held at Friends Academy in Locust Valley, NY.
Close to 50 children with ages ranging from 3-15. Great Job! Over $3500 was raised!
- July 18, 2008 — The Inaugural Fundraising Event
A truly magical night with over 200 friends and family at The Metropolitan in Glen Cove, NY. Exciting Chinese Auction and Silent Auction items were displayed. Congratulations to all the winners! Thank you to everyone for your love and support. Mandy’s spirit was shining through and made the night an amazing experience for all in attendance. Over $35,000 was raised!
- June 26, 2008 — “Toast to Mandy”
Erica Steinberg and Kourtney Radice organized a wonderful night at Stitch in NYC. Co-workers and friends gathered to celebrate the end of the school year the way Mandy would have loved. The crowd also enjoyed a special bagpipe experience by Kevin McCarthy & Mark Osweicimski. Congrats to the raffle winners! Approximatley $3200 was raised!
- May 1, 2008 — “Ca bi Fundraising Party”
Laura Collotta & Isabel Moura brought their collections to Marie’s house for a fabulous night filled with fun, friends, clothes, and great raffle items. Approximately $1200 was raised!
- March 6, 2008 — “Girls Night Out” Fundraising Party
A great time for a great cause! Friends enjoyed a fun night at Tammy’s house sampling Tastefully Simple foods (Kimberly Hughes) and trying on beautiful Lia Sophia jewelry (Beth D’Alleva). Raffle winners were thrilled with their prizes. Approximately $1300 was raised!